TRANSLATION (From Arabic into English, From English into Arabic)
Film and video production releases, legal and corporate documents, training materials, educational manuals, school guides, fliers, brochures and vital records.
FILM TRANSLATION AND SUBTITLING (From Arabic into English, From English into Arabic)
- Provide language and cultural advice on international documentary films
- Narrate voice-overs for film scripts
- Transcribe and translate audio interviews from mp3 or mp4 files
- Create subtitles in digital video editing software (Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere)
FILMS TRANSLATED AND/OR SUBTITLED
- Corporate video for U.S. Institute of Peace, Iraqi Women’s Leadership Training
- Water-conservation program, Discovery Global Education Partnership/Biscuit Factory
- VEILED VOICES documentary filmed in Egypt, Lebanon, and Syria
- IRAQ: A NEW VISION, the Mennonite Church
LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR (CONVERSATION SESSIONS):
International Language Institute; Berlitz, Washington, DC.
Native Levantine Arabic (born and raised in Beirut, Lebanon). Fluent in Modern Standard Arabic (translate, interpret and teach). Fully understand and can converse in Egyptian and Gulf dialects)
ARABIC VOICE OVER
TOO BRIEF A CHILD, women’s rights video by UNFPA/Spark Media
ARABIC INTERPRETING (From Arabic into English, From English into Arabic)
– Community Interpreting
Consecutive and simultaneous interpreting in education, health and human services (community events, medical visits and telephonic calls)
Interpreted for families from Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Morocco, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and U.A.E.
– Legal Interpreting
Attorney-client meetings for immigrants from Egypt, Lebanon, Mauritania and Syria.
– Seminar Interpreting
Workshops and meetings for international visitors on human rights, freedom of expression and international development issues.