Near-native fluent French speaker. Attended French Lycée Mission Laique Française de Beyrouth (Lebanon) starting at age 3 through high school where French was the first language of instruction. Spent a trimester in a French middle school in Lyon, France. Speak with a European French accent. Teach French at International Language Institute and Berlitz.
LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR/ONLINE CONVERSATION SESSIONS
NEW! Offering individual online sessions of conversation in Arabic or French.
International Language Institute; Berlitz, Washington, DC.
FILM TRANSCRIPTION AND SUBTITLING
- Transcribe and translate audio interviews from mp3 or mp4 files
- Create subtitles in digital video editing software (Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere)
- Provide language and cultural advice on international documentary films
- Narrate voice-overs for film scripts
FILMS TRANSLATED AND/OR SUBTITLED
- Corporate videos for the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund
- JUSTICE FOR ALL, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)/Pidge Productions
- ECOHEROES, Discovery Global Education Partnership/Biscuit Factory
- WHAT HOPE FOR AFRICA, immigration of young Cameroonians for F. Hameni
- Transcription/translation of French audio interviews for Flaneur Media
- Training videos for roofing contractors
French and English voice over of women’s voices for a World Bank video by Telecam Films.
INTERPRETER & TRANSLATOR (FRENCH/ENGLISH)
French interpreter in medical, legal, asylum and community settings, mostly in consecutive mode. Some conference simultaneous in human rights and international development. Interpreted for immigrants and visitors from Algeria, Cameroon, Congo, Guinee, Mauritania and Morocco.
French-English translation of educational, training and marketing materials; instructional school guides and manuals; fliers and brochures; vital records and government regulations, correspondence with simple legal terminology, as well as international development and human rights publications.
French-speaking observer in Haiti’s 2006 presidential and municipal elections (interacted with Haitian population and staff; translated training materials) for International Foundation for Electoral Systems.