Rouane Itani is an experienced, qualified, trained and tested Arabic and French interpreter. She works in consecutive and simultaneous modes in medical, legal, community and seminar settings.
Native Levantine translator, educator, interpreter
Near Native translator, educator, interpreter
Fluent reading, writing, speaking.
Completed all academic studies in English at American universities. Learned since middle school as a third language. TOEFL high 600s. Use English daily professionally and socially since 1995.
Native Levant Arabic speaker, near native French speaker. Fluent English.
- Passed Modern Standard Arabic Consecutive Interpreting exam at U.S. State Department.
- Tested in Arabic and French oral proficiency by ACTFL/LTI.
- Passed Maryland State Courts interpreting exam (2010).
- Trained and tested in Legal Interpreting by AYUDA, Multicultural Community Services, and African Translation. Passed LionBridge French consecutive exam.
- Completed 40-hour community interpreting training for health, education and human services by Cross-Cultural Communications.
- Completed Introduction to Language Interpreting course, Georgetown University (2010).
- Attended French Lycee, Mission Laique Française de Beyrouth where French was the first language of instruction from age 3-18 until Baccalaureat.
- Spent a trimester in a french middle school in Lyon, France.